THE RISKS OF NON-COMPLIANCE FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Due to a proliferation of global regulations designed to establish an environment of enhanced compliance in global markets, companies are exposed to a greater degree of compliance risk than ever before. Indeed, as governments seek to address such diverse issues as money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, competition, human rights abuses, damage to the environment, misuse of personal data, to name but a few, businesses are caught in the cross-hairs.
In addition, the extraterritorial effects of legislation such as the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the UK Bribery Act, the UK Modern Slavery Act, the French Sapin 2 law, among others, tend to have a far-reaching impact on businesses and individuals operating abroad.
In this context, companies that do not follow state of the art compliance practices face a multitude of possible repercussions which are likely to expose not only the companies, but also its executives and employees to civil and criminal lawsuits in France and/or abroad.
Complying with the regulatory framework is therefore an essential requirement for all economic stakeholders as failure to do so constitutes an increasingly dangerous risk, one which must be avoided with care and expertise.
THE SOLUTION: IKARIAN
IKARIAN is a French consulting firm specialized in strategy and compliance risk management (Regulatory Risk Compliance).
OUR AREAS OF EXPERTISE
IKARIAN helps company directors, officers and employees in France and abroad to establish and implement internal compliance programs aimed at reducing the risks of violation of the following types of laws and regulations:
- Anti-Corruption Laws and Regulations (US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, UK Bribery Act, French Sapin 2 Law, ISO 37001, the World Bank’s Accountability, Transparency & Integrity Program, etc.);
- Export Compliance Laws and Regulations (export control, compliance with embargoes and economic sanctions, dual-use export controls);
- Human Rights and Environmental Protection Laws and Regulations (French Duty of Vigilance Law (Loi sur le Devoir de Vigilance) and CSR);
- Competition Laws and Regulations (antitrust laws, illegal cartels, competition rules, merger control and State aid);
- Laws and Regulations addressing Fraud
- Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing Laws and Regulations (AML / TF).
IKARIAN manages the entire compliance process from its conception to its implementation, providing its customers with a comprehensive range of services:
- Conception and implementation of ethics and compliance programs;
- Audits and assessment of ethics and compliance programs;
- Risk mapping;
- Due Diligence and investigations;
- Studies and analyses;
- Implementation of Whistleblowing mechanisms / Hotlines.
IKARIAN’s services can be grouped into three areas: